We get life insurance for breast cancer survivors and current patients. We have several different options available.
One thing we know about people with breast cancer is that they are resilient. And resiliency is a beautiful thing because we know they are willing to put in the work to get what they want.
If you are a breast cancer survivor and are looking for life insurance then you are going to need a good agent. Not only does your agent need to be good, but they also need to be experienced and have a good reputation of getting breast cancer survivors the life insurance they desire.
Here at Local Life Agents we have the experience you need to get the life insurance you desire and if cancer diagnosis is detected early and treated properly, we can typically get you a decent offer for coverage.
Here is what you need to know and what to do next, follow along with us…
American Cancer Society
According to the American Cancer Society, breast cancer is now the most common form among women. Up to 10 percent of cases are caused by gene mutations passed down from a parent. About 15 percent of those who get breast cancer have a family member that also has it now or did in the past. The remaining 85 percent of women who develop breast cancer have no family history of the disease. Nearly 30 percent of all cancers is women are breast cancers.
More than 2.8 million women in America are breast cancer survivors or are currently battling the disease. Nearly 40,000 American women died of breast cancer in 2013, and most of those women were over the age of 50. One out of every eight women will develop some type of invasive breast cancer in her lifetime. In 2013, approximately 233,000 new cases of invasive and 56,000 new cases of non-invasive breast cancers were diagnosed.
What is Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer begins with the spread of abnormal cells which eventually multiply until they become a tumor or mass. Breasts are comprised of glands, which produce milk, ducts, which transport milk to the nipple, and connective tissues supporting all components of the breast.
Breast tissues undergo changes due to menstrual cycles, hormones, weight gain or loss, and a number of other factors. For this reason, breast tumors may be difficult to detect. Many breast cancers aren’t detected until cancer cells have formed a discernible tumor and causes pain. Mammography does, however, detect most cases of breast cancer in the early stages. Doctors are able to diagnose breast cancer only by biopsy.